After many, many, many migraine headaches, and lots and lots and lots of persuasion from Zach and Courtney, I did it. I made an appointment with the base optometrist. I was at the point that I would do anything to stop having these migraines. The dr. was shocked when I told him I had never had my eyes checked before. I didn't think the local 80 year old Lions club member checking them in 7th grade counted. So, I was lucky and got the entire check-up. Air blown into my eyes, some sort of scanner looking inside my eyes, and the" click when you see the lines" test. I passed all of those with flying colors. The problem that I had was that I could not read the bottom line of the chart!! I had always prided myself with having great vision. Everyone in my family needs glasses except Matt (my brother) and me. I thought I had gotten away with it. Well, the dr. informed me that I need.........READING GLASSES!! WHAT???? I am only 26. I thought you had to be a few years older than that for reading glasses? After the shock had worn off I headed to get my glasses made, and I picked them up today. The kids were with me and when I put them on they laughed and said I looked like Aunt Sonnie!! They think it is hilarious to see me wear them. I do have to admit that when they are on, I can actually see the computer! I only have to wear them when I read or I am on the computer, but either way, I have now joined the club. I wear glasses!!! I posted two pictures so you could see the glasses I chose. *** Please remember, these pictures were taken by Jax and he is 5. Please just laugh at me with the glasses and not the picture.***
Trying to look smart in my brown pair
My red pair
Trying to look smart in my brown pair
My red pair

7 comments:
You look really cute!! I love the frames that you got. They fit you perfectly. I also think that you will be glad that you got them when you can see and your migranes don't come around as often.
Hey Jax does a great job at taking pictures. Tell him I am very impressed!! Love ya sis.
Rikki!! You look freaking HOTT in glasses! I'm seriously jealous...I look like a sickness in a bottle. I'm very honored that your kids thought of me when you put the glasses on...there are a million people who wear glasses and who did they think of? ME!! (I know I know, it's only because we're twins and now we will look even more like each other) Still, give them kisses and loves from their Aunt Sonnie and tell them that I miss them. Rik- seriously sista...the glasses are sweet. Get some with no lenses and wear them all the time. LOVE YOU!
Cute! I can't believe we are 26 - okay 27 next month! You seriously look just the same as you did in High School. I love the glasses!
What a babe! I am with Sonnie - NO LENS GLASSES and wear them all the time!!!:0) I am telling you, this is the kind of thing that happens when you turn 27 (I know because I am 27) and apparently you are being hit just one month early with the age. You start to break! Honestly, I am so sorry that you have had migrains that is no fun at all I hope this gets rid of them completely.
Looks great sis!! I actually want glasses, am I weird??? I think I need them as well. I have lost vision with each labor!!!:) Or was that brain cells?? Oh wait, it was both!!!
you look FABULOUS!!!!! I'm glad you got rid of your headaches!
The most startling thing about this whole post is you are only 26!!! You are a infant. Now I really do feel old. I just assumed since our kids were the same age you were ancient like me. The glasses are darling.
Post a Comment