Saturday, March 29, 2008

Are you sick of this yet?

Today we got the bug. It was such a nice day that we decided to do a weeks worth of work in one day. We planted our garden. We planted beans, peas, corn, squash, zucchini, lettuce, spinach, radish, beets, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, red bell pepper, and watermelons. Now, I am going to say that we planted all of these things, we will see what actually grows. Then we decided to take a trip to Lowe's. A very bad idea. Every time we go to Lowe's we end up spending WAY to much money. Well, that is just what we did. We ended up buying more stuff to landscape a little more in the front yard. Of course we couldn't just buy the mulch and the flowers, we had to buy the tiller to till it up, and then we had to add an auger so we could put up our fence in a couple weeks. Needless to say, we need to buy stock in Lowe's. They are getting most of our pay check anyway. We had a lot of fun doing this though and thought some of you might enjoy some more pictures of our yard. This is mostly for you Jed!! This is the "before" picture of our house. I think we have done quite well.
We added the flower bed in front of the flower boxes.



A little closer of our lone tree


An action shot of Zach with the Tiller



This is about as much as the boys did. Lazy little guys.



Aynslee was a good helper. She just did her "happy scream" most of the time.



I took this one this morning to show you all of the humidity. It is only March! HELP!







5 comments:

Child Family said...

Wow!! You guys have done great with your yard. I wish that I had one. I really think that it makes your house so cute. Zach looks like he enjoyed every minute of it. Dan could and would spend every dime that we ever have in Lowe's but I try to keep him out of the store. It doesn't always work though. It looks like you had a great day. Keep up the good work, and enjoy the weather for me because it snowed here today!!

jed.stewart said...

Rikki, thanks for the shoutout and the pictures. It really looks great. I wish I could be there to help. I like spending other peoples money on yard work!

Cathie said...

Way to go! You guys are amazing - I could use the bug! Cute kids and holy cow on the humidity!

Ash said...

I'm so jealous! Our grass was brown and yellow, then it snowed overnight... I'm dying to get outside and fix the yard up! Great job, though!

wendy said...

Ricki - Thanks for stopping by my blog - what a crazy way to keep in touch!

I can't believe how big your boys have gotten, and little Aynslee is just adorable!