Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Already?

I can't believe how fast this came. I remember talking to a friend not that long ago saying that I felt like I was knocking on the soccer mom's door, and now someone has opened it and welcomed me in. Monday night was Jackson's first soccer practice. I can't believe it. I have been shuttling the kids around to various activities for a while now, but I am now a true soccer mom. Jax did such a great job. He really had no idea what soccer was when he started, but he caught on pretty quick. I had to explain that he should only try and kick the ball into one net. He was just trying to kick it where ever he could. He is a really fast dribbler ( I found out that is soccer lingo for kicking the ball back and forth between your left and right foot. Who knew?) The only set back was that he is on the 5-7 year old team ( I have a few issues with that, there are just not enough kids to make separate teams ) and a boy about as tall as I am, kicked the ball as hard as he could and of course it landed right in the middle of Jax's stomach. He stayed strong for as long as he could. The poor boy had the wind knocked out of him. It was as hard for me as it was for him. I was very proud of him. He said he would do it again, he just doesn't want to be the goalie. What a trooper. Here is Jax posing for a pre-practice picture. He thought this would be a great picture. I agree. Pretty dang cute!!

4 comments:

Child Family said...

Jackson looks so cute in his soccer uniform. I can't believe that he is that old. Well, good luck the being a bus driver/mom/soccer helper. It will be great though to see him play!! You will need to take lots of pictures. Your background is really cute too. Great Job!! WE LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!!!

(sorry I deleted the old comment. I found some spelling errors!!)

Trent said...

Just make sure he gives wrestling a shot at some point! He could be the state champ you never were...

Mitch and Sonnie said...

Oh my Jackson is so BIG!! remember when he used to try to teach me how to play soccer in the back yard in SD? yeah, he was way better than I ever was. I'm so proud of him! I wish I could be there for his first game. He is so cute!!

Alexis said...

How exciting! I want Sophie to do soccer this spring - I think she'll love it. Jackson looks so grown up and so cute! I bet it's fun to watch him play. Hooray for soccer moms! love ya!