Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to Aynslee!!!!

I can't believe how fast time goes. It seems like yesterday that my little baby girl was born. Yesterday was Aynslee's first birthday!!! We had such a great day. Zach's Mema and Papa were in town (Mema shares Aynslee's birthday) and then Zach's Uncle Jim was in Birmingham on a work trip and drove here for the party. It was so great to have family in town. For those of you who know me very well, knows that I am a freak when it comes to birthdays. I don't decorate, or throw huge parties, but I make sure EVERYONE knows it is your birthday and I don't let anyone forget it. We had a cook-out and then went to Jackson's last soccer game. There was a little confusion of the time of the game, so we missed it. It was really sad, but he was ok with it because we made it in time for awards. His team was undefeated!!! Yay Jax!!! Then we came home and opened presents and had cake and ice cream. Aynslee LOVED her cake and ice cream. She kept screaming when it was finished until she got more. I think she ate more that all of us combined, but it was her birthday, you can get fat on your birthday!!! Aynslee got some REALLY cute clothes, a car that she can drive, a princess chair, and some other toys. She has been playing with all the boys toys, so she was SO happy to finally get some toys that were all hers. It is amazing how much she has grown up. I think she has even grown up from yesterday. We love our baby girl, and are so glad that she is part of our family. Our family would not be the same without her, scream or no scream, we would miss her. We love you Aynslee, we can't wait to see what this next year will bring. Happy Birthday!!!! Even though they are not looking I think this is a cute picture. One year ago today!!

Eating cake and ice cream.

This is her birthday dress I made her.


Another picture of the dress. Still a little long.


Happy Birthday Mema!!


Her princess chair.

Mema and Papa gave her some big bucks!

Jax and his trophy.







3 comments:

Mitch and Sonnie said...

Rik look at your family!! Oh my...why am I not there with you guys? I miss you so much and yes I do remember singing that faith hill song on the way to the poo(l). That's what I think of when I think of summer, that's why I named my blog entry sunshine and summertime. Mom just told me about shade's thumb..poor little guy. Give him a love for me. I can't believe how grown up your kids are, I just want to cry because I want to be with them and YOU!! I love you sista! Call me...or I'll call you.

Mitch and Sonnie said...

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET SWEET SCREAMER AYNSLEE!!!!

Child Family said...

So cute!! We wish that we could have been there to give Aynslee kisses and hugs. Tell Shade we are so sorry, and that we love him. We just wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day as well. We love you tons and think that you are a wonderful mother. Look how cute your kids are!! Great job!! We love you and will probably talk to you at moms tomorrow. Love you sister.