Today I took Shade and Aynslee to the doctor and found out that Ayns has a double ear infection and Shade has one in one ear. Jax was sick all last week and I was sick this week with Shade and Aynslee. Our home has been utter chaos. There is nothing like a home with a sick mom and three kids. I am not trying to get any sympathy, I just had to put that out there for the rest of this blog. Yesterday Jax for some odd reason got a parenting book out and wanted me to read it to him. I was ok with that because A) it can only make him smarter and B) I needed to know a few things myself. After we were done looking through it he asked me if that was how I got to be such a smart mom and if that is where I found out how to take care of them when they are sick. I was first really excited that he called me smart and that he does realize that I work hard to make them feel better. I thought about it and was going to say yes, I love those books, but the more I thought I realized that I had in fact learned a lot from those great "how to" books, but I learned most everything from the million trillion phone calls to my mom and Zachs mom Sue. I call them all the time with weird questions. I know they probably think I am crazy and that I need to raise my own kids, they already raised theirs. I have to just let our moms know how great you are. Thank you for all the support and love that you give to a learning mom like me. Thanks for listening and still taking care of us. Thanks for taking care of me and my babies when they are born. I hope and pray that one day I can as great of a mom to my kids as you both are to me!!! We love you!!!
Friday, February 1, 2008
Today I took Shade and Aynslee to the doctor and found out that Ayns has a double ear infection and Shade has one in one ear. Jax was sick all last week and I was sick this week with Shade and Aynslee. Our home has been utter chaos. There is nothing like a home with a sick mom and three kids. I am not trying to get any sympathy, I just had to put that out there for the rest of this blog. Yesterday Jax for some odd reason got a parenting book out and wanted me to read it to him. I was ok with that because A) it can only make him smarter and B) I needed to know a few things myself. After we were done looking through it he asked me if that was how I got to be such a smart mom and if that is where I found out how to take care of them when they are sick. I was first really excited that he called me smart and that he does realize that I work hard to make them feel better. I thought about it and was going to say yes, I love those books, but the more I thought I realized that I had in fact learned a lot from those great "how to" books, but I learned most everything from the million trillion phone calls to my mom and Zachs mom Sue. I call them all the time with weird questions. I know they probably think I am crazy and that I need to raise my own kids, they already raised theirs. I have to just let our moms know how great you are. Thank you for all the support and love that you give to a learning mom like me. Thanks for listening and still taking care of us. Thanks for taking care of me and my babies when they are born. I hope and pray that one day I can as great of a mom to my kids as you both are to me!!! We love you!!!
Posted by Stewart Family at 8:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow! That is a lot of medicine. Good luck with that. I don't know what I would do without mom too. She probably gets sick of all the dumb questions, but sometimes I think she enjoys having us call for advice. Thanks for all of your advice as well. It is nice to have a sister who has been where I am, and who will give her advice once and a while. Thanks. We love you guys.
Yikes! There is nothing worse than having sick babies - except a sick mama and her babies! Sorry you have all been under the weather. I've only been dealing with one sick kid and it's enough! Hope you are all feeling better soon. At least you can have guilt free TV time all day long! :) Love ya!
Moms seriously are the best! I am sure my mom gets tired of me calling home for advice, but she always gives such great advice it just keeps me coming back for more! So sad that your kids are sick, you just feel so bad for them when they don't feel well.
Hi Rikki, I hope you all feel better soon. Give me a call sometime when things are less hectic. I miss you! I still have my cell: (605)484-5586.
Post a Comment