Thursday, February 14, 2008

Yesterday I got to spend 3 hours in the E.R.!!! Last night Aynslee worked her way into the boys room which she loves, and managed to get something stuck in her throat. I know, amazing. I tried my hardest to get it out, but it kept pushing farther down, and she would not throw it back up. We decided to make a trip to the local E.R. Well, get ready for my ranting!!! I waited for 3 hours for my baby to be checked!!! 1) she is a baby!!! 2) she is choking!!!! 3) come on people, move it!!!! These people were SO SLOW and I am pretty sure they thought I was overreacting. After getting mad, and crying to the nurse all at once they decided that maybe some x-rays would make me feel better. DUH!!!! They took them and then said they would not see anything plastic or paper. I am sure it was one of those two. They did not take any of her stomach to be sure it would pass. After our Clifford experience(the family dog who swollowed a golf ball and it ended up being $1000 dollar golf ball after the surgery because it would not pass) I have learned that not everything that goes in comes back out. So after waiting the 3 hours getting coughed on by nasty people with the flu we were sent home without a second thought. They told me I get to check her poo diapers and look for something special. YAY!!!! I love those days. Cross your fingers I find something. I understand that people have to wait turns. I am not one of those moms, but I do think that if a baby is choking and you can feel it in their throat and it looks uncomfortable and she is screaming, that they would want to do something. I just want to say a very sarcastic thank you to all you Columbus Mississippi locals who think that the solve all problem is to sue the doctor when they don't fix your problem. What do we get from that?? Only the lazy doctors are left to pick up the slack from the doctors who moved away because they thought they would end up in court someday. Thank you!!! Thank you for my wonderful experience last night. I miss you Rapid City. More than ever.
What have I learned from this:
Watch Aynslee a little better
Clean the boys room
NEVER take her to the Baptist Hospital again unless there is a limb missing. But, who knows if she would be seen for that!!!!

Thanks for listening to me. Sometimes a mom just needs to let it all out!!

6 comments:

Child Family said...

I am so sorry! I would have totally freaked out too. Why would they even take an xray if they knew it wouldn't show up. Why not just check the stomach. I hate hospitals. I am so glad that I have a great doctor. He does a lot of things just to make me happy, but it does, so great job. I hope that it passes ok. Love ya

Mitch and Sonnie said...

Oh my heck!!! Let's all quit life...move to SD....live there forever...and eat at chucky cheese every night. That would be the best life ever...want to? I'm sorry that you had to be at the hospital and I'm ticked that they didn't take good care of my little niece. I would have loved to see how mad you got though, that would have been enjoyable. But I really am sorry. Holy crap I would have killed someone for sure.

Ms. Boedee said...

Oh does that bring back memories of the south for me!!! I am so sorry! I hope that it all comes out ok...pun intended!! :)

Joyous said...

girl, I totally understand... remember when we took 2 week old Jessica into that same ER for respiratory problems and it took FOREVER to be seen, and then the nurse said she couldn't hear anything wrong but the doctor would be in soon? And THAT was 30 seconds before Jessi stopped breathing and turned blue? Yes, I totally understand your frustration with that Hospital... I'm sorry you had a crappy experience too!!! I hope she's ok.

Matt and Lena said...

Sorry Rik. Some people, huh!!

Alexis said...

How annoying! It is so frustrating when the treat you like you are overreacting at the hospital! Poor Aynslee - and you! I agree with Sonnie though, I would have loved to see how mad you were! :) Hope she's doing okay - Sophie ate a big button once when she was about 6 months old but I didn't even know until I found it in her diaper - so at least you noticed when Aynslee first swallowed it! :)