Saturday, October 27, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We made it!! We are here in our new home and we are loving it. We left San Antonio last Wednesday morning and made it to Baton Rouge, LA. We then drove most of Thursday and made it to Columbus and to our new home. It was a fairly good trip. Zach drove the Expedition and pulled the trailer. He had Jax and Shade with him. I drove our truck with Aynslee. I have to admit that before this drive I was not very fond of our truck, but driving in that truck makes you appreciate the scenery a lot more since it does not have any air conditioning and you have to have your window down. It makes you notice the rocks flying at your face, or the hair whipping around, or the people staring at you wondering why you and a baby are in a truck like that. It was kind of fun. The only problem was a very bad blowout….Aynslee’s diaper. It was bad. (Zach wanted me to make sure you all knew he is not a bad husband to make me drive his truck, I would not pull the trailer. I was ok with it I promise.) We hung out in our empty home until Monday when they brought our stuff that had been in storage for 5 months. I wish I could tell you how many boxes we had, but the house was so packed that they had to start putting them in the garage and then that got packed. It was ridiculous. As they were trying to get us to sign the paper work I noticed that a lot of stuff was missing, like our refrigerator, treadmill, half of the boys bunk beds, my dresser, and lots of boxes of toys, and all the legs to our tables. Needless to say, they made a trip back to the warehouse and found another crate they had forgotten. It was pretty ugly for a while. Poor Zach had to listen to me complain that they better have my stuff or else for 2 hours while they were gone. We have unpacked A LOT of boxes and are now down to the “I don’t know what to do with that stuff, why don’t you do that one” boxes. They may take a while.
The kids are loving their new yard and “own” tv room. Zach starts work on Monday and life gets started again. We will see how it goes.

Our great cars that helped us get here. We love them!!!


Our family in front of our home


The kids


Home Sweet Home


One of Zach's new purchases. His other one was a riding lawn mower.


I threw this one in as a bonus, pretty cute.


4 comments:

Cathie said...

Welcome Home!!! Your house looks wonderful and your kids are SO SO cute. You are quite the adventure family. I hope you love it and all goes well. I can't wait to see what happens next! Miss you!

Alexis said...

Yay! I am so happy for you. Moving is so much work. Your house is beautiful and I am jealous - only 3 1/2 more years until I get a house!! Your kids are adorable and you look great. Love and miss you! Lexie

Joyous said...

ok, that house is bee-utiful!! Where is it exactly? Off base? Anyway... glad you made it, good luck with the Cockroaches... love you guys

emily said...

I can't believe you have three kids! Everyone is catching up with me! But you have one think I don't have yet, a stinkin house! Someday I keep telling myself! Someday!