Happy Columbus Day!! After a very LONG week for both of us, we have never loved Columbus Day as much as we do today!! We decided that for a long weekend we would do something fun. We drove to Canyon Lake about 1 hour from here. We went for a long walk by the lake and let the boys throw about 100 rocks each into the water. It is so funny to see them. As soon as they see any water they are looking for something to throw into it. Then, we went and had a picnic. It is nice to still have 90 degree weather when you want to have a picnic, but we already miss the changing seasons. We better get used to it though. We are getting close to moving to Mississippi. Hopefully next week sometime. We are looking forward to that. Here is a very funny story that happened Saturday. Jax was looking for something to do so I told him to line his crayons in a row to make a path. He looked at me like I was crazy. I told him it would be fun, and then left the room to be with Aynslee. About 10 minutes later he came around the corner and was making a line in the carpet. I thought it was the line he was going to line his crayons on . Well, I was wrong. He was making a line with his crayons by coloring a line on the carpet!!! I asked his what he was doing and he looked shocked and said that I told him to. I couldn't get mad at him because I guess I had. I now know why he looked at me crazy. I showed him I wanted to line the actual crayons up on the floor to make a line and he looked at me and said"Oh". I guess that when it comes to things like that I better show him instead of telling him. I have to remember he is 4 not 14. Anyway, I thought that was funny.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is a very funny story about Jax. How is your carpet?? I guess he is right, you have to show him instead of just tell him! Cute, cute family!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has stuff like that happen with my boys... that was hilarious! Your kids are super cute, by the way. Are you going to live on base in MS? Ahhh the good old days... what a flash back!
I can just picture the look on Jackson's face. I've seen it before. Thanks for the story, it made me laugh. Good luck with your move. Love, Mary :0)
Post a Comment