Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy birthday Daddy-O!

Today is my dad's birthday. It is always a little sad to know that you can't be there to give a hug to family on special days like today, so I thought I would dedicate a post to my dad. He is the best dad EVER! I have always had a special bond with him. When I was growing up, we didn't sit and talk for hours like I did with my mom, but he would tell me my hair was ugly and I would tell him he stunk, or something like that and that was our way of saying I love you. I knew then and still know now that no matter what he will always be there for me. I love how the older I get the closer we get. He is truly one of the greatest men I know. I can talk to him on the phone for hours about anything. That is HUGE because he will not talk on the phone to just anybody. I admire all of his hard work, testimony, love for family and his genuine good heart. I feel very lucky to have him as a dad. I love my daddy. Happy Birthday, consider this your hug!

2 comments:

Cathie said...

Well said Rik. I hope your dad had a great birthday. I had a lot of catching up to do on your blog. As always it made me smile. Your kids are way too grown up. I liked Anslee's hair curled! I loved your yearbook pictures too! So funny. I played guitar hero for the first time and thought of you! Lots of love!

Mary Peterson said...

Hi Rikki,
What a sweet post. Happy Birthday Rikki's Dad!