Monday, June 23, 2008

Our garden

Remember a few months ago when I was talking about everything we planted in our garden. Well, we are finally enjoying our first tastes of our hard work. Well ok, so our garden is not quite working out the way we had hoped. When our house was built they took all of the good soil and left the hard clay. Gardens don't grow well in Mississippi mud. Don't let anyone fool you. The water does not go down into the ground like in most places, it kind of just moves around the plants until it is all spread out. It is also amazing how well the weeds grow in there. It was so bad, I finally had to get out our weed whacker and cut them down. Don't tell my dad!! He will be very disappointed!!! Anyway, we do have a few things growing. When we planted our tomato's I was sure they would be the ones to die. I have never had any make it before. They are doing the best. On the label it said "Big Beef Tomato" in my mind I saw very big, plump, juicy tomato's. Well take a look at the picture and see what we got. At least they tasted good!!! This is a child's plate. You only had to chew twice!!
Maybe next year!!!!!

4 comments:

Ash said...

That's awesome that you got something!! We barely planted ours last week which is kinda pitiful...

Amanda said...

Those are some big, beefy tomatoes! ;)

Jordan and Barbara said...

They look great, I am proud of you for trying. We are excited to see you next month. Good luck with the traveling.

Mary Peterson said...

Cool tomatoes! At least you have a garden!