Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to SHADE!!!

Today is my little man Shade's birthday!! I can't believe how grown up he is. It has all happened so fast. Our lives are defiantly more action packed from his very rushed entrance to today. We would not change one little thing about this crazy boy. He always keeps us laughing, and running. We get a good workout chasing this boy around.
We have had a great day today. We opened a few presents this morning because he could not wait, then we met some friends at the local Swim Park. Really just a concrete slab with water spraying out, but the best thing in the world on these hot days. Zach drove home this weekend so he could be here for his birthday so we opened presents again tonight. He got some great things, and thank you to all of you that thought of him today!!! The scary part of this day is that last year we were in Idaho for his birthday and my sister who makes cakes as a business, check out Cakes By Courtney on my link list, made him a lion cake. She set the bar WAY to high. Shade asked for a Crocodile cake this year. I was left out when the craft talent was handed out. I can not do creative things like that. I tried my hardest and made him a croc cake. I think it turned out ok. You can check out the pictures later.
We had a great day, and are so proud of our little Shade. He is such a great blessing in our lives. I am so thankful for him every single day. We love you Shade. Happy Birthday!!! Shade 1 day old
Happy First Birthday

Two
Happy 3rd birthday!!! So grown up!


Thanks Papa and Grandma Leak

Thanks Grandpa and Grandma Stewart

Cool Wallet!!!

At the Swim Park

His Croc cake

Ready to blow out the candle

Mr. Croc

Not bad huh?















6 comments:

Matt and Lena said...

Holy cow Rik - I am in love with the cake. How awesome. If you want to see someone with a cake decorating handicap check mine out sometime. I thought of Shade a few different times today. Sorry about not getting a card in the mail. Tell him we love him and give him a squeeze from us all. We can't wait to see you. Glad Zach got to come home for a few days!!

Child Family said...

Great job Rikki!!! I am so proud of you. That cake is fantastic! I couldn't have done any better. You are more talented than you think. Little Shade can't grow up. He is getting so big and I can't believe it!! Happy Birthday Shade, we hope you had a great day!!! We miss and love all of you and can't wait to see you soon.

Ash said...

Happy birthday little guy! By the way, that cake is great, creative and so cute! Great job!

Mitchel Humpherys said...

Rikki! That cake is awesome! I bet Shade loved it....you're a good mom. I can't believe Shady is 3!! I love him.

Mary Peterson said...

HI Rikki,
You give yourself too little credit. That cake is amazing! Happy Birthday Shade!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Shade! I will always remember him as a small lil guy sitting next to Creed in their carseats. Boy how they grow!