Monday, January 14, 2008

Update

Just a few hours ago Zach called me and told me something that has been making me think a lot. He was flying this morning and they flew over a house that was number 1 on our list to buy. I flew down to Mississippi this summer to look at this house. We really liked it, it had everything we wanted, but it seems like at the last minute they raised the price out of our price range. We were really sad and tried to get things so we could buy it, but nothing seemed to work out right. We decided that we should just move on and we found this one that we bought. Well, Zach told me that while he was flying we looked for the home we did not get and it was gone!! The tornado had come through right where it was and destroyed that home. He said it is completely gone!! I was sick to my stomach thinking about that could have been our home. I know that there have been many times in our lives that Zach and I have had something happen that was not what we wanted and it turned out better then we thought. I KNOW that when you are doing the things you need to and are listening, you will be guided in the right direction. We are so thankful that we found this home, and that our family is safe. We are so thankful for the knowledge that we have and that our Father in Heaven is looking out for our family. We will no longer take our family, friends, and the gospel for granted. We love you all!!!!!

6 comments:

Mary Peterson said...

Rikki,
I had no idea that you were in such a terrible storm. I'm so glad that you are all okay. How scarey!I finally made it to Utah. If you have time during your trip out here for your sister's wedding look me up.
Love,
Mary :0)

Child Family said...

Crazy!! I am so glad that you guys are living right. We love you guys tons. Stay safe

Courtney

Melissa said...

Zach and Rikki,

We keep losing touch. Send us an email/message so we can catch up again. Your family looks great! Talk to you soon.

Ray and Melissa

http://www.biasifam.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Hey Rikki, I found your blog on Mary's. How fun to see your family. I can't believe you've been through a tornado. YIKES!!
if you want you can check our blog shirleycrew.blogspot.com
love
Heather

steph said...

wow! what a sobering event?!? i cannot believe it. so glad you and your family are safe and sound. i love your thoughts and am so glad you shared them on your blog. something i definitely needed to hear today:) can't wait to see you guys again. we miss you and love you!

Amanda said...

Hi Rikki, I found your blog through Mary's too! How fun that we are all connecting.

How scary!!! I am so glad that your family is safe. What a blessing that it wasn't your home that was destroyed!

Stop by if you like,
rapidfamily.blogspot.com
Amanda :)