NNNOOO!!! I HATE the first day of school. I seriously have a harder time with things than my kids do. I get a sick stomach and can't sleep and cry all day. I LOVE having my kids home with me all day and I MISS them so much when they go back. This year was really hard because Aynslee started Kindergarten this year. Now it is only Blaze and I home all day together. I thought he would have a hard time being alone, but so far he seems to love it. I think he likes playing with all the toys he is not suppose to and all the extra attention from me. Back to the start of school......Jax again didn't want me to walk him in, so I just dropped him off as usual. No big deal for him, he was good to go. Next, I took Shade and Aynslee to their school. I walked them in and took Aynslee to the gym where the Kindergarteners meet for the first few minutes of school. I got her settled in and took Shade to his class. He was excited and scared, but walked in like a 20 year old and never looked back. So, after being rejected again, I went back to see how Ayns was doing. The whole morning before school she was SO excited and couldn't stop talking. When I went back to the gym she was as white as a ghost and wouldn't say a word and was just looking around like she was in another world. I watched her for a minute before they led her class out. I gave her one final hug and that seemed to make it a little better for the both of us. I walked out of gym to my car strong and as soon as the door shut, I sobbed like a little baby. I called my mom and she thought someone had died. I pretty much cried off and on all day. Poor Blaze had to deal with a crazy mom his first day alone.
When they got off the bus that afternoon, they all had HUGE smiles on their faces and I could finally relax again. Things were good!!! They all loved lunch and recess the best. They have great teachers. I think now that the first day is over, 2012-2013 will be a great year. We are all looking forward to seeing how much they grow.
Jackson- 4th grade
Shade- 2nd Grade
Aynslee- Kindergarten
I had to get a picture with my little girl before she left me.
Blaze was NOT happy that they were leaving him all day.
I think he just wanted to ride the bus too.

3 comments:
I feel the same way. It is SO hard to have them gone for so long! Miles is starting 4k here (it's 1/2 day pre-school that is part of the school system) and the BUS will be picking him up. We have never been on a bus route and I'm already dying thinking of watching him drive away from me!! I think I'll have to follow him to the school the first week. It will be so hard, but I admit after we get used to things it's nice to actually have a clean house again! :)
Rikki, Just today I took the kids for the first day. I feel the same. Ready your post actually made me laugh because our first days are so much alike. I like you was strong but once I got to the car the tears came. I to only have one a home, which is so crazy. I can't believe how big your kids are. We miss you guys.
You have such a cute family! I have a question. My kids are not school age yet. But I picture myself having just exactly such a hard time putting them in school. I wonder if you have ever considered homeschooling so you dont have to send them off? Just curious. I am thinking and working toward that for us. Glad the day ended well for all of you!
Post a Comment