Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Kansas City Temple



The Kansas City Temple Open House is going on right now!  I cannot explain how exciting it is to be part of an Open House.  My calling in church is Ward Temple Coordinator.  When they first called me as that I was very suprised.  That is kind of a boring calling I thought. BUT I had NO idea how much goes into an Open House.  I have been working like crazy getting enough people to help work in the Temple.  Because of this great calling, Zach and I were lucky enough to be asked to give tours of the inside of the temple!!  We went last night and for 6 hours we gave tours of this amazing beautiful temple.  I wish I could explain to you the feeling and happiness that I felt as Zach and I were teaching these great curious people about the Temple.  I was a whole lot nervous that I would say the wrong thing, so as the loving wife that I am, I let Zach lead the tours while I stayed in the back to answer questions and make sure we didn't lose anyone from our group.  Zach was AMAZING!  I truly cannot say enough about how well he did.  I had so many people come up to me after and ask me to tell him how well he did and how he explained things in such a way that members of our church as well as non members could better understand and learn.  He has such a gentle yet commanding way of speaking.  You can't help but be pulled in and want to learn more from him. 
While speaking with a man during the tour, he told me he had no desire to be part of our church, but by being able to walk through our Temple, it helped him to understand us better and he said he is so happy that we have a place like this to go to and to feel the peace that you do when you are inside of the Temple.  That right there was all I needed to hear.  I didn't go to convert anyone, I went and gave tours of our magnificent Temple because I truly LOVE the feeling you get inside.  I love that I can help others feel that same feeling even if they don't belong to our church.  Our Heavenly Father loves every single person no matter who they are and he has given us a place to go and to feel closer to him.  If these people choose to only go through this Temple this one time, then at least they got to feel the peace inside for one day.  I know that they will never forget that day, and I know that I won't either.  I am SO SO blessed to have the opportunity I do to be able to work with the Temple Open House and I cannot wait for the dedication.  It is a beautiful building and I look forward to many many more trips to this Temple.  We are blessed!!

2 comments:

Cathie said...

Gorgous temple - what a fantastic experience! Go Rikki!

Matt and Lena said...

AWESOME! You are an inspiration to us all! Thanks for sharing your experience!