Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dance Recital

After the air show we had Aynslee's dance recital. We have been looking forward to it for months. I should have known that nothing was going to go right. Aynslee was so tired after the air show, so I decided to give her a quick nap before we had to get ready. I woke her up and that was a BAD mistake. I did her make-up and all she did is scream and cry and just ended up with a black face from the mascara. Then she didn't want to get dressed in the outfit (she had been begging to wear it for weeks). I finally got my sisters blog on the computer and showed her Ryanne (her cousin) and how she was pretty at her recital and wore make-up and had a pretty dance outfit. After that she was tolerable. She let me re-do the make-up and at least put on the clothes, though not very happily. We got some horrible pictures and went to the recital. Now, this girl knows her dances. She won't stop doing them all day long driving us all crazy with them. She loves to dance and I thought it would be no problem. She is actually really good. They announced her class, she got on stage, gave us a wave (after yelling mom forever, I had to stand and yell hi to her). The music started and what does she do? Plays with her friends skirt and twirls in her own skirt. What??? I waited and waited and finally she does a few steps but then decides to scream hi to us again. The same thing happens for the second dance. What do we do? Laugh. How can you not? She was SO STINKING CUTE up there. My little girl being so fun and cute and having fun. When it was over I asked her if she had fun and she said "ya, but now I am done and I want to play soccer like Jax and Shade". What do I say? "Good idea". LOVE HER!

One of the twirls

Stomp your foot

Ready for another twirl

Hi MOM

More twirling

Leaving for the recital

Still mad about getting ready


"leave me alone!" Not wanting to do anything.

0 comments: