Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another trip to the 'ol baptist hospital


Poor baby girl had another trip to the ER today. I swear, of all my kids I never thought she would be the one to make so many trips to the ER. Zach is putting together a shed or our backyard, and Aynslee was playing by it and tripped and fell onto a piece of tin and cut her leg right open. I grabbed her and pinched it shut and Zach drove us to the ER. We got in quick, but once again the Baptist Hospital did not fail and left us their for over 2 hours before we were seen. I was reminded once again that this could be what "hell" is like. I found all sorts of nasty things on the floor and was totally disgusted the whole time. The doctor finally came in and told me he wanted to do staples instead. For those of you who know me well knows what my nasty scar on my leg looks like. I showed him my scar and told him he better not make it look like that. He swore to me that it would be better than mine. I am pretty sure he thought I was one of those moms that wanted to make sure my "princess" was still perfect for her beauty pageants. All I wanted was a straight scar that would heal nicely. I guess we will see. She was such a trooper. The only time she cried was when they were deadening it. I cried just has hard as she did. He ended up putting in about 6 staples and told me to get them out in 7 days. I felt so bad for her. I am just glad is was on her leg and not some where worse. It is funny how much it can make you love your kids when something like this happens. I will post the picture of the staples out in 7 days. Wish us luck.

6 comments:

Alexis said...

Poor little girl! It's so sad when your kids are hurt! I had forgotten about your scar :) Good luck!

Matt and Lena said...

Ouch! Give her kisses from aunt Lena!!

Ms. Boedee said...

Hey Rikki! Sorry about that "fun" adventure.
Thanks for your comments on the Wii Fit. I was waiting to hear from you specificially because I knew that you have it. I have been doing the yoga for about 30 min and the aerobics portion (both steps, boxing, both hulas, and a run) for a little over 30 minutes. What was your routine? Should I do something a little differently? I am getting a workout that is for sure...but I want to make sure that I am doing it how I should for the best results.

Mary Peterson said...

Oh Rikki,
I am so sorry that you had to wait for over two hours! That must have been horrible! When we were in Alabama we had to wait forever in the ER too. Is it a South thing? Usually if you need stitches or staples you are seen right away. I'm glad she is okay.

Child Family said...

Ryanne saw the picture and told me to tell you to give Aynslee a big kiss. She was so sad that Aynslee was hurt. Hope things heal well and that she isn't in too much pain.

Cathie said...

Poor baby! I think "hell" is a great way to describe waiting forever in an ER esspecially when your baby is in pain. I am hoping for no scar!