Happy late 4th of July to everyone!!! I feel bad having this post late, because I can tell you that we are one patriotic family. We love our country and as you know are willing to serve our country to make it better. We love the 4th of July!!! We had a great day. The night before we went to Lowe's and bought the boys a very much needed new playset for the backyard. We started working on it that night. Before long though, the chiggers and mosquitoes were eating us alive so we had to stop work for the night. We got up early the next morning (July 4th) and started work again. About 3 hours into it we got a VERY large rainstorm. We gathered everything up and ran into the house to watch all of the blue stamped boards get wet and watched all the blue ink smear away. I think I saw a tear in Zach's eye about that time. We went back out, trying to sort all 9000 smeared boards into piles. We worked a little while longer, then stopped for our 4th of July festivities. We had our good friends the Reed's over for a barbecue and some fireworks. We had tons of good food, and quite the show. We also played Rock Band for the Wii for about 4 hours while our children ate, played and slept. It was great!! We always have a good time with the Reed's.
Saturday morning was another work day on the playset. More rain, and tears and swearing (by me unfortunately). We (by we I mean Zach, I was the "hand me that" girl) finally finished it. I think in total hours of work it took about 16 to finish. But you will be able to see what a great playset it is. I think Zach and I may go into business putting together these things. Only if they pay by the hour!!!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Happy 4th of July and busy weekend
Posted by Stewart Family at 4:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun fourth, and great job on the swing set. It looks really nice.
That looks like a really rockin' swing set. I'm sure it will be worth all of your hard work! Glad you guys had a good holiday!
That truly is a killer swing set. You're so brave to face the elements, I think I would probably melt in the humidity! Cute kids, I love Aynslee's dress!
Sweet swingset!! You are one brave mommy to let your kids play with sparklers. A couple of years ago, on the Fourth, we spent about 4 hours in an ER because Jaden got too excited and put a lit one in his eye. SCARY!! As you can probably guess we don't play with sparklers anymore... sorry for my tangent... looks like a fun fourth!
Post a Comment