Part of my birthday celebration was Zachs Fini Flight. A fini flight is your last flight in the airplane at that base. Friday was his last flight at Columbus as an instructor pilot. He has done such an awesome job for the last 4 years. So many great memories and people that we will never forget.
We went to the base and waited and watched for Zach to land, and the boys were SO excited for his landing. As soon as Zach got out of the plane, the boys had water guns and squirted him down. His squadron was there with water as well, so lets just say it was a good thing we brought a new flight suit for him to wear. After the change of clothing, we had a party at the squadron with pizza and drinks and they gave a little farewell to Zach and awarded him with the Meritorious Service Medal. It looks pretty good on him. I am going to brag a little. Zach is an amazing pilot and an amazing instructor. He has honestly cared for each student that he has taught and worries about each one. He has taught a lot of students and it is kind of cool to think that he has helped to build the United States Air Force with Pilots that are working to keep us free. I am a VERY proud wife. I am sure you can all tell. Zach works so hard and there are many people who look up to him for all he has done here in Columbus. We have loved every minute of it, and the people have made it some of the best years of our married life. We will never forget Columbus and now have fini flight pictures to remember the fun ending as well.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Zachs Fini Flight
Posted by Stewart Family at 9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Way to go Zach!! I love the pictures of the kids drenching him. So cute.
I am so glad that you and Ains had good birthdays. You both deserve it!! Love you.
That is SO COOL! I am proud of Zach too! Good luck with your move! Blaze looks like Jax, so grown up in that last picture.
Post a Comment