For those of you who are saying "Blaze H, what kind of name is that?" Here is your answer. I like the name Blaze, I think it is a cool name that fits in with the other kids."H" stands for two great men in our lives. My grandpa Leaks name was James Hosmer and Zach's grandpa was Boyd Helaman. They were both wonderful men that played a great part in both our lives so we combined the two middle names and just used the H so we could name him after both. Here are a few pictures of my sweet Blaze, at the bottom is the story. Get ready!
I am so in love with him already! He is so sweet and LOVES to cuddle.

On the way to the hospital
All my sweet babies together
It is crazy that we have 4 kids now!
My turnTIMELINE
Sunday night
9:00- I think my water breaks
10:00- Call my awesome friend Angela to come stay with the kids while we go to the hospital
11:00- Get to the hospital, my water did break, now we wait
11:30-6:00 Monday morning- MAD that nothing is happening and wishing I was at home in bed
Monday morning-
6:00- Pitocin
7:00 Lots of contractions, asked for my epidural
7:15- No epidural yet- half way there.
7:16- I told Zach to get a nurse, I need to push
7:17- Nurses laugh at Zach and say there is no way, I am only half way
7:18- Pushing where are the nurses
7:20- STILL no epidural- pushing
7:25- STILL no epidural- doctor comes in to see me- PUSHING
7:30- STILL NO EPIDURAL!!!- Blaze is born.
7:40- They came to give me my epidural. VERY MAD- But in love with my baby boy!!!!
P.S. He weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 20 inches long. Monday, October 5, 2009 at 0730.


20 comments:
You survived natural childbirth!!!! YEAH!!!! He is ADORABLE!!!!! I want to snuggle on him!!! Congrats!!!!
You go Rikki that is amazing. I would have totally been mad too. He is so sweet I wish I was there to meet him. And you looked great that early in the morning. Congrats again
We are so excited to have Blaze join the family. We can't wait to meet him and think he is absolutely adorable- it must run in your family. Love you guys! Jess
Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys! One more and you can tie with us! :-)
Did you deliver at Columbus? They didn't believe me when I said I needed to push either. Maybe that is a Columbus thing. They think they know how things work but don't listen to what you know...having already had other kids and knowing how your body reacts. Sorry about the natural childbirth when you didn't want it. But...congrats on Blaze. He is so cute. I can't wait to meet him.
Nurses think they know everything:) Blaze is such a handsome baby! Great job Rikki!
Yay! Yay! CONGRATULATIONS! What a sweet baby! Four kids is A LOT! I am so glad we are in it together! :)
Maybe they didn't get you the drugs in time but I hope they didn't disappoint you with the meal. A nice whole catfish, fried okra, banana pudding and sweet tea - perfect after natural childbirth. Congratulations! We are so happy for you.
Congrats! He is adorable. And I think his name is so cute and goes will with your other kids names (maybe I'm weird about that but when I am thinking of a new name it has to fit with the other kids names...) Anyway, awesome job on going natural - even if it wasn't intended :) Now you know you are strong enough to do it - which is a good feeling! Congratulations again!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! and holy crap! you are much better woman than i. how awesome that you did it without anything. seriously. even though you were probably swearing up until blaze was born:) can't wait to see more pictures. miss you and wish we were there! love you all!
Hey congrats! What do doctors know. Why do they ever question an experienced mother in labor? Been there. Baby was born on the bed and they were trying to give me tylenol instead of the epidural. He is a gorgeous baby! I love the name. It sounds tough!
congrats!!!! He is cute. They were thinking of starting me on Tuesday. I am glad they opted for thurs. I would have been so mad if you would have had him before me. We are happy for you and hope all is well. Oh my epidural did not work, lots of fun huh. We like the name, but the kids get a little confused when we talk about him. Blaze is our dog. Good luck with 4!!!!
Oh, he looks so cute all snuggled up! I'm sure he is just as darling as your other kids. Congratulations! Nice work on the whole no epidural thing, that is a huge accomplishment! I think the name is cute, and it does fit with your other kids. Congrats again!
I love him so much already. I can't wait to give him big kisses. We love you tons and we are so glad that you are all doing well.
TOUGH WOMAN! That is incredible! I too like the name and he is adorable.... in a tough manly way! :P Blaze and Brydn go good together - shall we work on betrothing them! :) ha ha... CONGRATS!
Congrats!! What a fast delivery sorry you had to do it with no drugs. You little boy is beautiful!
Congrats Rikki! Blaze is so cute! Just like all of your kids. Miss you!
Rikki congrats! He is so handsome and I love the name. (This is Meagan Gleckler by the way).
Congratulations Rikki! All my sympathy goes out to you for going through that w/out your epidural! I've had one that didn't work- and real labor hurts!!!!!! Blaze was worth it though, what a beautiful baby! You're a mommy of four!!!! What a busy, sweet and wonderful life! Hope you're recovering quickly, and you and Blaze are safe from all the flu's going around!
Holy Smokes! Way to go. Congratualations. He is adorable and you look fabulous in all of the pictures!
Post a Comment