Monday, August 24, 2009

A conversation with Shade

I am a little slow posting about Shade starting pre-school again. This is his second year and he is mad that it is pre-school again. He thought we was going into Kindergarten for sure this year. I am ok with him home a little longer though.
Today on our way home from picking him up I was asking him about his day. This is what I got:

Me: How was school today Shady?
Shade: Good, I found a really pretty mom.
Me: Oh ya, prettier then me?
Shade: Oh ya
Me: What did she look like?
Shade: She had on a dress with sparkles all over it.
Me: Very pretty
Shade: Ya, I kept saying "snap out of it head, snap out of it" but I couldn't stop looking at her.
Me: (Trying hard not to laugh) She must be really pretty, I better look for her next time.
Shade: Ya, but I still love you mom, Don't worry.
Me: Thanks Shady I still love you too.

How funny are 4 year olds. They speak the total truth and are so innocent. I think I better check this mom out next time and see what is causing him to check out moms instead of learning his letters. Love you Shady!!!! The first day of school

My cute Shade. You can't help but love him.

5 comments:

Mitch and Sonnie said...

That is seriously hilarious...Shade is a ladies man already. I laughed my face off! Rikki- you're a pretty mom too...

Matt and Lena said...

I am laughing so hard I have tears! I have to say this trait had to come from the Leak side. His Uncle Matt had to be thinking those same things when he was 4!! So funny, so funny!!

Cathie said...

Oh my goodness - he is really the cutest little thing! I LOVE that conversation! Thanks for sharing! I

Botill Family said...

That is so stinkin' cute! They are so innocent at that age. Her sparkly dress hypnotized him!

Mary Peterson said...

"snap out of it head"! so funny! All boy there for sure! Watch out with that one. Ha! Ha! I miss you Rikki.