Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving....what a day!!!! Let me first start out with letting you know who was here. Zachs brother Jed flew in from Logan, Zachs friend Walter from high school took the train from Virginia, and Zachs cousin Chris and Stephanie and their VERY cute boy Ben came from Alabama!! I can't even begin to tell you how much fun we had. It was the best It is so great that we are so far from home, and this is one of the biggest Thanksgiving dinners we have had. We had great food, Turkey, cornbread stuffing (thanks mema for the cornmeal!!), spinach salad, sweet potato souffle (don't know how to spell that), mashed potatoes, rolls and pumpkin pie, coconut cream pie, and banana pudding!! It was the best. This was my fourth time doing the turkey, and of course it always takes longer than planned, so we ended up eating 2 hours after we wanted. Don't worry, there was plenty to eat before the dinner. Jax, Shade and Ben had a great time playing outside in the freezing cold (cold for Mississippi, it was in the 40's). Walter bought us a great gamecube game that we couldn't stop playing. That may have contributed to dinner being a little late. The boys got to sleep on the floor in our closet while Jed and Walter got the bunk beds. They loved it. They thought it was the best party ever!!
I promised I would add a quote of the day. Here is my favorite quote from Thanksgiving dinner.
" Holy cats, I wish I was a vampire".... Stephanie I still laugh every time I think of that.
"Ben is playing in the potty, I went pee pee in it....Shade.
Lots of tums were consumed, plenty of snoring on the couch(Walter) and great memories made. Thanksgiving 2007 in the dirty south.

Jed and Zach rocking in the rockers
Shades gingerbread man

Jacksons Ben 10 gingerbread man


The boys sleeping in our closet



Thanksgiving dinner 2007
Shade, Ben and Aynslee were asleep, it was greatBefore dinner



Hanging out before dinner


0 comments: